There is hardly a task more daunting than writing about myself. It seems fitting, though, to share. I’ll keep it simple. 20 things about me:
1. I’m happily married to Chad, the man of my dreams. This July we celebrate 10 years!
2. Chad and I have two boys, Gunner James (2 years old, adventurous and strong-willed) and Boss Aaron (1 year old, playful sweetheart). Yes, his name is Boss. His real given name.
3. I’m constantly awed and inspired by the beauty and complexity of nature and her bounty. Even the seemingly simple things, like tree bark and rocks amaze me.
4. I have a deep affinity for fresh flowers, berries, foliage, fruit… I could ramble on forever. Despite this, I do not have a green thumb. Not even the palest of shades.
5. Among the items on my Bucket List are; a road trip along the coastal Pacific Northwest, shopping the Round Top Antique Fair and arranging a bouquet for a bride.
6. Spontaneity is not my strong suit. I tend to be a planner and a rule follower.
7. In my opinion, handmade > mass manufactured.
8. As unladylike as it may be, my favorite meal is steak and potatoes.
9. I’d rather stay home, snuggle and watch a good movie than go out.
10. I do not consider myself to be high maintenance, but I am pretty particular about hair products and feel completely bare wearing unpolished nails.
11. Receiving and sending old-fashioned “happy mail” makes me giddy.
12. Vintage? Antique? Yes, please.
13. When I was little, my dream was to become a professional ballerina.
14. I was born and raised in Tulsa.
15. I did not attend college. And I’m not afraid to admit it.
16. Daily visits to Starbucks for an iced vanilla latte are a must.
17. I practically live in lulu lemon and “workout” clothes, although I don’t hit the gym anymore. Ever. Oops.
18. My mom is the most creative person I know.
19. Nothing makes my heart sing more than witnessing random acts of kindness.
20. I take photos almost every single day. I can count the number of days, since purchasing my first “real” camera, that I haven’t snapped one.
Photo credit: Marley Mae Photography / Style, design, edits: Melissa Click Photography
Camera Strap: Fotostrap